Our Lower Limb & Spinal Refresher Workshop is a 2-day workshop designed and hosted by the Head of CHEK Faculty, Matthew Wallden specifically for anyone who has completed IMS 3.
The workshop takes place September 23-24 in Carlsbad, CA at the CHEK Institute headquarters. All IMS 3 students are invited to join us.
This workshops is designed to:
- Overview materials from A CHEK Approach to Lower Limb and Spinal Structures and Functions for students who completed IMS 3 prior to the creation of these two courses.
- Reinforce essential skills and techniques from A CHEK Approach to Lower Limb and Spinal Structures and Functions for current CP 3's in preparation to take IMS 4.
What will you learn?
Participants will learn screening tools for all the major lower limb injuries and methodologies for working with the injuries identified.
You will also get to recap on Spinal Rehab principles and dive into 3 new areas relating to spinal function:
- Working with scoliosis
- Identifying and working with axial spondyloarthritis
- Identifying and working with ankylosing spondylitis
What is the practical outcome of this workshop?
All participants will leave with complete confidence in screening and designing appropriate rehabilitation and conditioning protocols for spinal-injured or lower limb-injured clients.
What are the prerequisites to take the workshop?
- Completion of IMS 3 (or CHEK Practitioner Level 2 prior to 2018)
- Completion of A CHEK Approach to the Lower Limb
- Suggested - completion of Spinal Structures and Function.