The Future is Intelligent Fitness
Integrated Movement Science Level 1 offers a research driven, clinically tested system that will empower you to:
- See the big picture relationships between diet, exercise, stress and rest for your clients and know exactly what that means for their health goals
- Read your clients’ functional anatomy like a roadmap, clearly perceiving strengths and weaknesses that need to be addressed for long term success
- Craft exercise programs that engage and challenge your clients while being finely tuned to their needs and goals
- Confidently coach your clients to perform their exercises with perfect form every time
IMS 1 offers more than an assortment of techniques that you have to piece together.
It’s a system that makes sense of the entire fitness journey - from anatomy, to assessment, to program design and coaching.
That’s intelligent fitness.
- The Principle of Isolation to Integration
- The Principle of Control Centers
- The Principle of Staged Progression
- The Phase I, II and III Exercise Progression Model
- The Principle of Sports Specific Neurological Development
- The 5 CHEK Program Design Principles
- Fatigue and Recovery
- The Physiological Load assessment
- 7 postural assessments
- Length-Tension assessments
- 20 stretch assessments
- 8 abdominal wall assessments
Conditioning and Coaching
- 6 mobilization techniques
- 20 corrective stretches
- 29 stability and core exercises
- 37 conditioning exercises
Integrated Movement Science Level 1 includes:
- 190 videos with over 19 hours of footage
- Downloadable Manual
- 4 Case Studies
- Certificate of Completion
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive your certificate of completion, you must participate in a live, 1-day assessment day to review your skills.
Meet Your Instructors
Matthew Wallden, CHEK Institute Head of Education, CHEK Practitioner Level 4, MS (Osteopathic Medicine)
Matthew Wallden qualified as an osteopath and naturopath in London and has worked clinically and lectured on osteopathic technique. In addition he is a CHEK Practitioner Level 4 and has been a Faculty Member at the CHEK Institute for 15 years.
Matt has consulted for various top sports teams including Chelsea Football Club, Charlton Athletic Football Club and Surrey County Cricket Club. As a corrective exercise specialist, Matthew has lectured at four major UK osteopathic colleges and on many post-graduate courses for medical, rehabilitation and fitness professionals.
Ashley Mazurek, CHEK Institute Faculty Member, CHEK Practitioner Level 4
Ashley began her career in the fitness industry in 1990. She has accumulated a wealth of knowledge as a fitness professional, through her CHEK Training and as an owner of multiple fitness facilities.
Ashley currently, concentrates on teaching for the CHEK Institute and working with clients in Tampa, Florida, where she concentrates on clients with acute and chronic pain issues, weight loss, musculoskeletal imbalances and postural deficiencies.
I have…a new understanding of how to appropriately address the specific needs and desires of any given client’s lifestyle.
My career as a personal trainer has been transformed, and it is exciting to watch my clients progress as a result.
T. Clifton – California, USA
You will leave IMS 1 feeling transformed in your confidence as a coach. The knowledge I gained was practical and built on my understanding of physiology and health immensely.
N. Baumgardner - Colorado, USA
I am a healthy person and have been exercising for years. This course took my knowledge of health and movement to a level I didn't even know existed. Very grateful!
J. Cleal - New South Wales, AUS
IMS1 should be the baseline standard for exercise coaching. I feel like everything I thought I knew prior to this course pales in comparison to the skills I have now. I feel empowered as a holistic health practitioner and far safer to coach any client (and know exactly when to refer on).
O. Carpenter - Manchester, UK
One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
The video production is great. Very easy to follow along and understand the information. I wish I could have been in person to have gotten the assessments done on myself but luckily I have a few clients to practice. And I would have liked to see how out of balance my posture is ;)
I have been using the CHEK system since 2005 using CHEK IMS3, Golf Biomechanic and HLC. This course reviewed the basics and principles of the CHEK system and allowed me to study online without any traveling. I highly recommend this product to any CHEK professional wanting to review the basics. I am very happy with my purchase.